There is no doubt that the feature of our smartphone sim card is likewise changing as our technology continues to improve. The size of mobile SIM cards has dropped over time, and the most recent trend indicates that the physical SIM card is gradually being replaced by the embedded SIM card, also known as the eSIM.
Several eSIM activation-capable gadgets have been on the market for a while, but there is still just a select handful of them. However, this is shifting, and soon a lot more gadgets will accept eSIM. We have outlined the steps in this article for swiftly activating AT&T eSIM on supported devices. Continue reading to learn more about the procedures and join in with modern technological breakthroughs.
HOW TO ACTIVATE AT&T ESIM
- Before beginning the activation process for the eSIM, you must ensure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network to finish the stages. Once connected, simply carry out the instructions listed below.
ACTIVATION STEPS ON AT&T ESIM
- Users are urged to do the following actions to activate AT&T eSIM online on their devices.
- For the first step in activating your device, go to www.att.com.
- Choose either “AT&T Wireless Device” or “AT&T PREPAIDSM” as your next option.
- Once you’ve chosen your device, be sure to click the “Activate your device” button, fill out the form, and then touch Continue to continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions step by step to complete.
- If you’re on the AT&T PREPAID plan and don’t want to activate your eSIM network online, give the pros a call at 800.901.9878.
ACTIVATION STEPS FOR APPLE WATCH USERS
- The Apple Watch is one of the top eSIM gadgets. The only wireless providers that let you activate an eSIM on your watch are AT&T and a few others.
- First, tap on the My Watch tab in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan after selecting the Cellular tab.
- If the Add Cellular Plan option is not present, your carrier does not support the Apple Watch’s eSIM.
- You’ll be asked to scan the QR code on your AT&T activation card when you tap Add Cellular Plan. You can manually enter the activation code if you don’t have an activation card.
- After you scan or enter the activation code, your AT&T eSIM will be activated and you’ll be able to use your Apple Watch with cellular.
ACTIVATION STEPS FOR DUAL-SIM DEVICES (FOR IPHONE XS AND NEWER MODELS)
- If you have an AT&T network and a dual-SIM smartphone, follow these instructions to activate the eSIM.
- You must have an active eSIM on a wireless plan to connect to AT&T Wireless. The procedures to activate eSIM on a Dual-SIM device are listed below.
- The only requirements for using a Dual SIM device are an activated Nano-SIM card and an eSIM card, and you must have different service plans for each. This is so that one of your cellular plans, the eSIM, and the other, the Nano-SIM, can both be used.
- Unlock your iPhone to access the home screen, then go to the Settings app to configure eSIM.
- Then select Cellular.
- To continue with the rest of the activation procedures, select the option to Add Cellular Plan.
- Activate your camera, then scan the QR code on your eSIM activation card until the option to install a cellular plan appears.
- Pick the manually entered details option found at the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the Add Cellular Plan option and label the Cellular Plans as desired before tapping Continue.
- Select the desired Phone number, then the desired Label to label your mobile plans.
- Last but not least, select your Default Line and then click Done.
- Your eSIM (embedded SIM card) is downloaded and installed successfully by following the outlined instructions.
- Pro Tip: Select Dual SIM under Device Support to manage your mobile plans for sending and receiving phone calls and messages.
- Make sure your dual SIM smartphone has an active service plan before following the instructions below. Then, to activate it, follow these steps:
- Get your device unlocked then go to the Settings app.
- Now click on the phone settings option after exploring it.
- Choose one of the available choices (depending on what you see on the device)
- Once the AT&T Cellular Plan is ready to be installed, select the Continue tab.
- Alternately, select Cellular and then click Add a Plan.
That’s it, your mobile device can now successfully activate your eSIM.