The VideoLAN Client, also known as VLC, is a well-known open-source media player that can be used on a variety of platforms, although the Roku media player is regrettably not one of them. Because VLC does not support Roku, you should take another way to install or stream VLC on Roku TV or media player.
The other option to obtain VLC on a Roku is by streaming content to the streaming device via mirroring from an Android phone or a Windows PC. To that end, you check that your Roku device’s screen mirroring capability is activated. The mirroring method will be completely explained in depth in this article. Simply continue reading and adhere closely to the directions that are given.
HOW TO STREAM VLC ON ROKU WITH ANDROID AND WINDOWS DEVICES
- The only way to stream VLC to a Roku device is by using the Screen casting feature on an Android or Windows device. To accomplish this, read the steps below on how to configure Roku for mirroring and then follow them. The device that will act as the mirror must have the VLC media player installed before moving on. You may install VLC on Windows or your Android smartphone using the installation instructions. Let’s discuss everything in more depth so you can start using VLC on your Roku.
HOW TO STREAM VLC ON ROKU
To set up Roku settings for VLC mirroring on a Roku device, follow these instructions:
- Turn on Roku and choose the Settings tab with the remote.
- Select “System” and then “Screen Mirroring” to continue.
- Please be sure to either choose “Prompt” or “Always Allow” from the Screen Mirroring option.
- You’re done now
HOW TO STREAM VLC ON ROKU THROUGH ANDROID DEVICE (SMARTPHONE)
You must do the following steps to mirror VLC from an Android smartphone to Roku:
- Connect your Roku to the TV and turn it on.
- Ensure that your Android handset and Roku device are now connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure you use the correct login information.
- Install the VLC Media Player app on your Android device in the following step.
- Open the Settings app on your smartphone once it is finished. Select “Connection and Sharing” after that.
- Then locate your phone’s casting feature. Cast, quick connect, smart view, screencast, HTC connect, and smart share are a few of the alternative names for this feature. Choose based on what is available.
- Choose your Roku device from the list of search results now.
- Finally! By choosing the “allow” tab, you can connect your mobile device to Roku and watch the video.
HOW TO STREAM VLC ON ROKU THROUGH WINDOWS DEVICE (PC)
- You must do the following actions to mirror VLC from a Windows device to Roku:
- Attach your Roku device to the HDMI port on the TV. Afterward, connect your Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- Now, make sure that your Roku has the “Screen Mirroring” option enabled.
- Once the VLC program has been downloaded and installed, start using it on your computer.
- Next, click or tap the “Notification Icon” in the bottom right corner of your computer.
- Now choose “Connect” to look for all nearby devices that are currently available.
- To connect your computer to the Roku TV screen, select the Roku device from the search result.
- Use the Roku remote to choose “Allow” on your TV screen.
- Finally, start the VLC Media Player on your computer, and the same will appear on the TV screen connected to Roku.
Conclusion: To play any type of audio or video format without any issues, use the well-known open-source VLC media player. By doing the aforementioned procedures, you can stream VLC on a Roku device and play the majority of multimedia files, DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and different streaming protocols with such easiness.