Has there ever been a time when you’ve needed to reset your Apple Watch? What if, for instance, you were considering selling it, giving it to someone else, or losing it due to unfortunate circumstances? In that case, you might want to think about unpairing or removing your Apple Watch from your Apple ID account.
Your data, apps, and settings are all erased when you unpair your Apple Watch because it resets to its factory default settings. We’ve compiled a list of the best ways to unpair your Apple Watch in this article, both with and without your iPhone. Continue reading to learn the detailed procedures for performing the unpairing procedure correctly.
HOW TO UNPAIR APPLE WATCH WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR IPHONE
- The best practice is to always unpair your Apple Watch when it is not already in your possession. By doing this, you can:
- The iPhone will automatically create a backup of the Apple Watch before wiping all of its content and settings. This can be applied in the future to fix either an old or new Apple Watch.
- You are free to sell, give away, or repair the Apple Watch however you see fit because the Activation Lock has been completely removed.
- Before starting the process, make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are close to one another.
HOW TO UNPAIR THE APPLE WATCH WITH YOUR IPHONE
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone by clicking on it.
- Tap All Watches in the upper left of the My Watch page.
- After that, tap the information button next to the watch you want to unpair.
- Click the Unpair Apple Watch button.
- Select one of these choices for models with GPS and cellular service:
- KEEP YOUR PLAN: If you want to pair your device with your iPhone again.
- REMOVE YOUR PLAN: If you don’t want to pair it again or if you decide to connect it to a different iPhone.
- Select the Unpair button on [Your Name’s] Apple Watch to continue.
- If asked, enter the password for your Apple ID to deactivate the Activation lock on your device.
- You will receive a notice that says “Start Pairing” after being matched.
- Note: To avoid being charged for additional services, contact your carrier and cancel your subscription if you do not intend to pair another cellular watch.
HOW TO UNPAIR APPLE WATCH WITHOUT IPHONE
- You can still disconnect the Apple Watch even if you are unable to access the iPhone that is linked to it.
Please take note: that using this method does not automatically back up your data. You will have to manually remove the Activation Lock later; it won’t be done for you.
- You can reset your Apple Watch by going to Settings > General > Reset.
- Then click the Erase button to erase all settings and content.
- Provide the device password when prompted.
- Choose one of the models that have GPS+Cellular,
- Keep your plan
- Remove your plan
- Tap the Erase All button to confirm the steps.
- All content, information, and settings that were previously saved on your Apple Watch will be deleted once the process is complete.
- You must enter the Apple ID and password the watch was previously linked to before it can be connected to another iPhone or the same one. As an alternative, you can use Find My to remove the Activation Lock.
HOW TO DELETE CONTENT FROM AN APPLE WATCH USING ICLOUD
- This step is the last resort in attempting to unlock your Apple Watch if it is locked with Activation Lock and ensure uninterrupted use.
- Enter the Find My app’s location on your iOS device.
- At the very bottom of the bar, select the Devices tab.
- To remove an Apple Watch from your account, tap it.
- From the menu, select Erase This Device.
- Press the Continue and Erase buttons simultaneously.
- Tap Erase once more after that, and then enter your Apple ID password.
- You can also choose to delete this Device from your Find My account if you want to stop tracking it.
You could also attempt the approaches define:
- To start your search, go to www.iCloud.com/find and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click the All-Devices button after selecting the Apple Watch that you want to remove.
- Select Erase Apple Watch from the menu.
- To confirm, press the Erase button once more.
- When finished, select Remove from Account by clicking the link.
That’s it; if you correctly follow the instructions given above, unpairing your Apple Watch will be a simple process.